Did you know that any adult, male or female, can be a Girl Scout volunteer? There are many ways to participate and make a difference in the lives of young women ages 5-17.
• To give back to the community by being a positive influence in girls’ lives
• To benefit from multiple training opportunities and on-going skill development
• To gain professional experience, enhance resumes and expand reference contacts
• To grow personally from pushing inner limits and having new experiences
• To meet interesting people and develop life-long friends with common values Volunteer Opportunities
We realize that today’s busy adult may not be able to make long-term volunteer commitments. That is why we offer flexible options to anyone interested in working with girls.
• Be a mentor by guiding girls to explore their interests and learn about possible careers.
• Work as a Troop leader/ co-leader directly with girls, leading meetings and conducting activities.
• Teach a workshop and help girls learn a skill that you’re passionate about. Work with the Community
• Community Relations – serve as a liaison with community organizations
• Suggest a service project that girls can do to help their community.
• Be a translator and assist with outreach to non-English speaking communities.
• Fall and/or Cookie Product Volunteer – looking for adult men and women to help organize booth locations, arrange, count, and transfer cookies and nuts. Help at our Local Council Office
• Administrative assistance – updating spreadsheets, archiving, sort and label files
• Technology help – computer work, process registration forms and data entry
• Store Volunteer – working in our store Develop Your Leadership Skills
• Become a Committee Member – use your skills and ideas to help the council
• Events – help plan, work at, prepare, and coordinate events.
• Recruiting – Help research events and sites for opportunities to recruit girls, troop leaders and volunteers