Early Bird Campout
Register your Girl Scout for her next year of adventures early and start the fun right away! All current Girl Scouts reregistered for the 2018-2019 membership year by Saturday, June 30 are eligible to attend the 2018 Early Bird Campout at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo.
Join Girl Scouts of Central California South at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo on Saturday, September 29, 2018 and spend the night with lions, tigers and bears. Check in for the overnight camp is between 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM on Saturday. Please note: Roeding Park and the Zoo gates will be locked at 6:00 PM Saturday. The camp will end at 9:00 AM on Sunday, September 30, 2018. Participants may stay and enjoy the zoo on Saturday.
Campout Package Includes:
- Camp site
- Scavenger Hunt for Zoo Overnighter activity patch
- Experience the Chaffee Zoo Overnight
- Camp in
the Education Grove
(Note: Male camping area available according to GSUSA guidelines)
- Tour the zoo after hours with Zoo Docents, feed the giraffes at the Twigga Terrace, touch stingrays at Stingray Bay, Saturday evening snack
- Dinner provided (pizza and drink)
Note: There will no concessions or gift shops open on Saturday, outside food can be brought in and snacks are recommended.
- Continental Breakfast
- Entry to the Chaffee Zoo on Sunday, September 30, 2018, from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
The campout is $40 per person. The deadline to register for the campout is Friday, July 13, 2018. Girls must be registered for 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 membership years by June 30, 2018. All Adults must be registered for 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 membership years as well as have a current background screening by Friday, July 13, 2018.
There is a $5.00 parking fee to enter Roeding Park, (there will be a security guard in the parking lot overnight, but we are not liable for any damage, loss or vandalism)
- Closed toe shoes must be worn by both girls, leaders and all family members attending
- No Pets
- No drop offs. The girl/adult ratios as outlined in Safety Activity Checkpoints must be maintained at all times.
Camping Gear to Bring:
- Tent (The camping spaces will be assigned by council)
- Sleeping bags
- Chairs for campsite
- Personal needs
- Refillable water bottle (not provided)
- Snacks (recommended)