How are the honorees selected?
A call for nominations is sent out to the local community through the media and Girl Scout communications. A selection panel of past honorees and community leaders meets to review the nominations submitted and three women are selected based on the award’s criteria.
What is the criteria?
• Service to the community and making a difference in people’s
• Being a role model for girls
• Overcoming obstacles to attain goals
• Outstanding leadership qualities
• Being known as a leader in her area of expertise
What does this award mean?
Women Inspiring Girls are women who embody and personify the mission of Girl Scouts. These women of courage, confidence and character make the world a better place. These luncheons provide funding for the Girl Scouts Connect Program; a program that annually gives 5,000 local girls the chance to become Girl Scouts, learn values and practical life skills, and realize their full potential.
For more information, please contact our Resource Development Department.