Join Girl Scouts of Central California South for our Summer Scavenger Hunt Contest. Help us reach 100 posts for our 100th Anniversary!
How to enter:
Once you complete your 10 items you are entered to win a 100th Anniversary Girl Scout basket filled with fun goodies from the Gold Mine Store!
- Girls 15 and under will need a parent or guardian to sign up for Facebook if they do not already have an account to complete the contest.
- “LIKE” Girl Scouts of Central California South’s
- Finish 10 of the 20 scavenger hunt items listed below, and take pictures while you do them.
- Post those pictures to our Facebook page and let us know which number you completed.
- Once you have completed all 10 items comment on this Facebook post that you are done!
- Deadline to submit your pictures is August 31, 2012.
- Must follow “Like” GSCCS on Facebook
- Post must contain which number scavenger hunt item you are doing
- Contest begins Wednesday August 1 and ends August 31, 2012.
Summer Scavenger Hunt:
- Pick 3 things from the 100 Things for the 100th Anniversary List
- Make a new friend and teach them the Girl Scout Promise
- Replace a light bulb
- Give up television and the internet for one whole day and play outside instead
- Visit a local park & play on the swings
- Visit your local library
- Make a no bake fun summer treat
- Draw a picture about a summertime tradition in one of the WAGGGS countries
- Have your own Girl Scout Olympics to celebrate the 2012 Summer Olympic Games
- Do a craft outside (ex: Tie Dye)
- Sing Girl Scout songs with your friends
- Make recycled art
- Volunteer for your favorite cause
- Create a recipe inspired by a Girl Scout cookie flavor
- Read a book outside
- Create an activity you would like to do with your troop
- Plant a garden
- Go on a bike ride
- Build a structure out of popsicle sticks and glue. See how much weight it can hold.
- Conduct your own earth hour; turn off all your lights and power for one hour
How to sign up for Facebook:
- Girl Scout parent or guardian must sign up for account
- Go to facebook.com
- Click Sign Up
- Check your email for the confirmation.
- You are now signed up for Facebook.
Have fun with the contest! No one picture will be wrong. Just remember to include which number item you are doing.
Please contact Tori Sampson with questions. email@example.com or (800) 490-8653 ext 145.