Other ways to support Girl Scouts
There are so many ways to support Girl Scouts!
• Payroll giving An easy and convenient way to support Girl Scouts is to donate an amount that you can afford every month through payroll deductions to one of the following:
• Your local United Way
Please select Girl Scouts of Central California South and be sure to include our 5-digit ID number.
•Matching gift program
• Attend Family Fun Events We promote fun family friendly events throughout the year, usually at a discounted price for those associated with Girl Scouts. Whenever tickets to these events are purchased, a certain portion goes back to the council. To find our upcoming Family Fun Events, visit girlscoutsccs.org/family-fun-events.
• Become a Volunteer We are always in need of volunteers to help with events, office work, technician, education programs, event planning, Troop Leading and just about anything else you could think of involving children! Most volunteer opportunities are for adults 18 and older. If interested in volunteering, fill out our Volunteer Interest Form.
• In-kind donations of goods, service, use of facilities and assets
• Sponsor an event or program Review our different sponsor levels and more information here.
• Stocks and securities A gift of stock or securities could be advantageous to you, due to tax laws. It will be necessary to use an investment broker to effect the transfer.
• Planned Giving You can continue to provide meaningful support for Girl Scout programs by arranging a future gift, using the resources you have today to help the girls of tomorrow, while saving on your taxes. You could leave a gift through your will, as a charitable gift annuity or in other ways. Find out more about Planned Giving options at http://www.legacy.vg/girlscouts. Please contact Marilyn Deen, Chief Resource Development Officer, at (800) 490-8653 ext 115, firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up a meeting to discuss these options.
Thank you to the following companies whose employees contribute through corporate giving campaigns:
Chevron, JC Penney, Costco, AT&T, Kaiser Permanente, Union Bank, PG&E, Bank of America, Macy’s and Citigroup.
Help Girl Scouts every time you go grocery shopping!
Stop by our council offices to pick up your S.H.A.R.E.S card today! S.H.A.R.E.S. cards can be used at SaveMart Supermarkets, Smart Foods, FoodMaxx and Lucky grocery stores.