Get Leadership Experience!
The Cookie Sale Program and Fall Nuts, Candy & Magazine Sale Program are part of the Girl Scout leadership Experience. Girl’s Participation in either Sale Program will teach them 5 Key skills that will help them grow in to leaders in their own lives, leaders in business and leaders in the world. These 5 key skills are:
1. Goal Setting: Girl Scouts set their cookie sale goals individually and, with her team creates a plan to reach them. She develops Cooperation and Team Building skills all along the way.
2. Decision Making: Girl Scouts help decide how her team will spend their proceeds earned during Sale Programs, furthering her Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills that will help her in many aspects of her life.
3. Money Management: Girl Scouts take orders, handles customer’s money and gains valuable and Practical Life Skills around financial literacy.
4. People Skills: Girl Scouts learn how to talk to, listen to and work with all kinds of people through their participation in the Sale Programs. These experiences help develop Healthy Relationship and Conflict Resolution skills that can be used through out life.
5. Business Ethics: Girl Scouts follow the Girl Scout Promise and Law to be honest and responsible at every step of the Sale Programs. This reinforces the Positive Values she is developing as a Girl Scout.