There’s more to Girl Scout cookies than what’s in the box.
Buying Girl Scout Cookies is about more than just handing over money for a box. It’s about the skills a girl gains from interacting directly with you. It’s about the experience of running her own cookie business and working with others. And it’s why we encourage you to buy your cookies from a Girl Scout—the Cookie Professional
Your purchase means you get tasty cookies—and a girl learns skills that last a lifetime.
The Cookie Sale Program and Fall Nuts, Candy & Magazine Sale Program are part of the Girl Scout leadership Experience. Girl’s Participation in either Sale Program will teach them 5 Key skills that will help them grow in to leaders in their own lives, leaders in business and leaders in the world. These 5 key skills are:
1. Goal Setting: Girl Scouts set their cookie sale goals individually and, with her team creates a plan to reach them. She develops Cooperation and Team Building skills all along the way.
2. Decision Making: Girl Scouts help decide how her team will spend their proceeds earned during Sale Programs, furthering her Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills that will help her in many aspects of her life.
3. Money Management: Girl Scouts take orders, handles customer’s money and gains valuable and Practical Life Skills around financial literacy.
4. People Skills: Girl Scouts learn how to talk to, listen to and work with all kinds of people through their participation in the Sale Programs. These experiences help develop Healthy Relationship and Conflict Resolution skills that can be used through out life.
5. Business Ethics: Girl Scouts follow the Girl Scout Promise and Law to be honest and responsible at every step of the Sale Programs. This reinforces the Positive Values she is developing as a Girl Scout.