National Council Delegates serve as Girl Scouts San Diego’s voting members at the National Council Session. They engage and gather feedback from Girl Scout members in our council, learn about proposals, take action to be the voice of Girl Scouts Central California South during the National Council Session. They then bring back information to share locally.
2020 is cancelled.
National delegate responsibilities:
- Attend all local orientation and preparation meetings prior to the National Convention.
- Study the National Council Meeting agenda.
- Understand Girl Scouts Central California South stance on actions to be taken by the National Council (delegates may vote independently, based on the best interests of Girl Scouting as a whole).
- Attend all National Council meetings and report National Council actions to Girl Scouts Central California South members.
- Know parliamentary procedures and how to use them.
- Participate as a national delegate for the entire three-year period of 2020-2022.
A national delegate must be:
- A citizen of the United States of America.
- A registered member of Girl Scouts San Diego.
- Fourteen years of age or older.
- Able to represent the points of view of various ethnic, racial, educational, civic, religious, and socioeconomic groups.
- Willing to prepare thoroughly on the issues and business that will come before the National Council.